Our church is part of a network of Mennonite Brethren churches across the country and around the world. Mennonite Brethren are Christians who have roots in the ‘Anabaptist’ movement of the Reformation of the 1500′s and have a history of striving to live in a way that aligns with what the Bible says. Some of us have been Mennonites since birth, while others have been coming for a year or less. We would be honored to have you visit, and someone will probably invite you to lunch.
Mennonites have historically emphasized the following principles:
- We are Bible-centered: we accept the Bible as the inspired and authoritative word of God, seeking to obey its teaching, as illumined by the Holy Spirit and interpreted in the Christian community.
- We emphasize discipleship: we seek to live as authentic followers of Jesus in our daily lives, orienting our lives around Jesus’ teaching and model.
- We value Christian fellowship: we believe the church is a biblical and mutually loyal community that expresses itself in worship, fellowship, accountability and witness.
- We are mission-minded: we share our faith by telling others about the Good News of Jesus and serving others in our neighborhoods and around the world, in obedience to Jesus’ Great Commandment and to the Great Commission.
- We seek peace: we believe the Bible invites us to be at peace with God and with others, even our enemies.
- We cultivate healthy relationships: we are committed to choices that produce wholeness, healing, joy and peace in all relationships.
For more information, use the contact form below, or visit USMB.org